Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gwc gwc is offline

Default Status bar in Excel 2010

How can I get the green progress bar to be displayed?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it isn't shown on your controls toolbox, then click on "more controls" or right-click and click "additional controls", then choose Microsoft ProgressBar Control.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gwc gwc is offline

On Apr 10, 10:02*am, merjet wrote:
If it isn't shown on your controls toolbox, then click on "more controls" or right-click and click "additional controls", then chooseMicrosoft ProgressBar Control.

What do I click to see "more controls"?
or what do I right-click to see "additional controls"?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What do I click to see "more controls"?
or what do I right-click to see "additional controls"?

ProgressBar on worksheet: Developer | Insert controls | click on hammer-wrench icon.
ProgressBar on UserForm: Developer | Visual Basic | right-click on Toolbox, which appears with a UserForm

If Developer doesn't appear as a menu item, see Help to get it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

merjet explained :
What do I click to see "more controls"?
or what do I right-click to see "additional controls"?

ProgressBar on worksheet: Developer | Insert controls | click on
hammer-wrench icon. ProgressBar on UserForm: Developer | Visual Basic |
right-click on Toolbox, which appears with a UserForm

If Developer doesn't appear as a menu item, see Help to get it.

I believe Gary is talking about the Excel StatusBar!!!

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I believe Gary is talking about the Excel StatusBar!!!

Maybe, but the first post says "progress bar."
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

merjet used his keyboard to write :
I believe Gary is talking about the Excel StatusBar!!!

Maybe, but the first post says "progress bar."

Yeah, he posted the same Q in another NG that included more info...

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gwc gwc is offline

Free usenet access athttp://www.eternal-september.org
ClassicVB Users Regroup!
* * comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
* * microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

I must be blind.

When I click on Developer, click on Insert controls and click on the
hammer-wrench icon, I get a list of controls.

Which control do I select so the green progress bar is displayed on
the Status Bar?

[In Excel 2007, the green progress bar was displayed on the Status Bar
and it showed how far a process (like saving, calculating, adding
subtotals, etc) has progressed].
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

GWC pretended :
On Apr 11, 8:42*am, GS wrote:
merjet used his keyboard to write :

I believe Gary is talking about theExcelStatusBar!!!
Maybe, but the first post says "progressbar."

Yeah, he posted the same Q in another NG that included more info...

--
Garry

Free usenet access athttp://www.eternal-september.org
ClassicVB Users Regroup!
* * comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
* * microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

I must be blind.

When I click on Developer, click on Insert controls and click on the
hammer-wrench icon, I get a list of controls.

Which control do I select so the green progress bar is displayed on
the Status Bar?

[In Excel 2007, the green progress bar was displayed on the Status Bar
and it showed how far a process (like saving, calculating, adding
subtotals, etc) has progressed].

None. The Excel StatusBar is managed by Excel but some of its
properties and methods are exposed to VBA and/or automation. AFAIK, the
only thing we can do is set the text it displays.

If you are following Auric's suggestion you won't find a ProgressBar
control where he sent you unless you have a licensed copy of Visual
Studio installed, OR if you happen to have a 3rd party OCX that's
registered on your machine. If you just want to display a progress bar
in a userform then visit j-walk.com to download a sample.xls that you
can modify for your use!