Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default searching for text within shapes

Hello all,

My wife has an excel workbook with an org chart created on one sheet.
The org chart corresponds to a table on an different sheet, meaning
the names in the table are also plotted on the org chart.

She wants to be able to change any shape on the org chart from a
rectangle to an oval based on criteria in the table.

My problem is that the find function in excel apparently searches
through cells and not shapes.

Does anyone have a suggestion how to search for text captured within a
shape? I didn't find any methods or properties of the shape object
that would appear to work.

Art