Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I send an email too?

I'm using Excel 2010 and I use the code below to search through a db,
find values of a certain type then copy that entire row to another
sheet and it works fine for that purpose. One of the fields that gets
copied is the manager's email address. Is there code that I can add
that will send this manager a short message? Thanks very much.

'This macro searches for a value
'in column G that is greater than 1.5
'and copies the entire row to sheet 2

Sub SearchForValue()

Dim LSearchRow As Integer
Dim LCopyToRow As Integer

On Error GoTo Err_Execute

'Start search in row 2
LSearchRow = 2

'Start copying data to row 2 in Sheet2 (row counter variable)
LCopyToRow = 2

While Len(Range("A" & CStr(LSearchRow)).Value) 0

'If value in column G 1.5, copy entire row to Sheet2
If Range("G" & CStr(LSearchRow)).Value 1.5 Then

'Select row in Sheet1 to copy
Rows(CStr(LSearchRow) & ":" & CStr(LSearchRow)).Select
Selection.Copy

'Paste row into Sheet2 in next row
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Rows(CStr(LCopyToRow) & ":" & CStr(LCopyToRow)).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

'Move counter to next row
LCopyToRow = LCopyToRow + 1

Sheets("Sheet1").Select

End If

LSearchRow = LSearchRow + 1

Wend

'Position on cell A3
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Range("A3").Select

MsgBox "All matching data has been copied."

Exit Sub

Err_Execute:
MsgBox "An error occurred."

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Check out Ron de Bruin excel pages. You can also search for CDO Code
in the excel forum if you use Exchange.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

All you need for emailing can be found at Ron deBruin's site.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

Note the SendMail add-in...............very easy to use.

Gord

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 04:23:28 -0800 (PST), John Menken
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Dec 31 2011, 5:23*pm, John Menken wrote:
[...]

End Sub

Hi John,

You can send email automatically from Gmail, Yahoo or Outlook
configured to your system. You can send it through an attachment also.

To get the complete code.. kindly visit this link:

http://www.learnexcelmacro.com/2011/...mail-or-yahoo/

http://www.learnexcelmacro.com/2011/...-from-outlook/

Let me know, if it works for you...

Thanks,