Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Paste to next free column

Using excel 10.

Row 1 - 5 is free to incert a logo bit map.
A:A contains a list income and expenditure.
Row 6 has month date
Row 7 has Actual & Budget
Row 8 has Łk.

The main information is in F9:G40 which is the current months
figures.
Now comes the problem. I want a button with a macro, to copy F9:G40
and paste it in the next available column, which will be I9:J40. Then
I can re-enter data
in F9:G40, for the new month. Then at month end click button to
transfer data. However
the I:J columns will be used now so I will need a blank column, this
is the issue,
to find macro data to find the next free column row 9 to 40.
Does anyone have any ideas ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

After serious thinking Decreenisi wrote :
Using excel 10.

Row 1 - 5 is free to incert a logo bit map.
A:A contains a list income and expenditure.
Row 6 has month date
Row 7 has Actual & Budget
Row 8 has Łk.

The main information is in F9:G40 which is the current months
figures.
Now comes the problem. I want a button with a macro, to copy F9:G40
and paste it in the next available column, which will be I9:J40. Then
I can re-enter data
in F9:G40, for the new month. Then at month end click button to
transfer data. However
the I:J columns will be used now so I will need a blank column, this
is the issue,
to find macro data to find the next free column row 9 to 40.
Does anyone have any ideas ?

Seems like a lot of work which could be simplified if you had month
columns to the right of transactions data. These could collect amounts
based on each month column extracting values only for its respective
month based on trnsaction date. Now all you need to do is enter
transaction detail and the month columns auto-magically group amounts
as you enter them.

--
Garry