Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Vlookup error

Hello,

I have formula #1 included in a report generating macro that I am
currently attempting to debug. Formula #1 is exactly what I have
entered in the VBE. The problem is, when I run the macro, it enters
formula #2 in the spreadsheet, which doesn’t make sense to me. It
changes my lookup array, from my variable “Cusip” to “CorpA”, which is
the sheet where formula is being entered. What am I doing wrong
here?

1) Corp.Range("BA4").Resize(DataRow, 1).FormulaR1C1 =
"=VLOOKUP(RC[-48]," & Cusip.Address(external:=True,
ReferenceStyle:=xlR1C1) & ",2,FALSE)"

2)=VLOOKUP(E4,CorpA!$A$1:$D$2027,2,FALSE)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"wesley holtman" wrote:
I have formula #1 included in a report generating
macro that I am currently attempting to debug.

[....]
The problem is, when I run the macro, it enters
formula #2 in the spreadsheet

[....]
What am I doing wrong here?

Posting the same question in two different newsgroups, for one.

Failing to show us all relevant lines of code, for another.

Wesley wrote:
1) Corp.Range("BA4").Resize(DataRow, 1).FormulaR1C1 =
"=VLOOKUP(RC[-48]," & Cusip.Address(external:=True,
ReferenceStyle:=xlR1C1) & ",2,FALSE)"

2)=VLOOKUP(E4,CorpA!$A$1:$D$2027,2,FALSE)

Dave Peterson already provided an adequate guess in
m.p.e.worksheet.functions. My own independent assessment mostly duplicates
his.

Obviously, Cusip is not set to the range that you think it is. Apparently,
it is effectively set to Sheets("CorpA").Range("A1:D2027") instead of
Sheets("Cusip").Range("A1:D2027").

Presumably you should fix the statement "Set Cusip = ...", which you do not
show us.

VLOOKUP #REF error Lost in Microbiology Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 May 11th 10 09:24 PM
Vlookup Error Farooqi Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 15th 09 01:23 PM
vlookup error Seeker Excel Programming 3 February 23rd 09 11:54 AM
vlookup error Vlookup not accurate Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 October 4th 06 06:21 PM
VLookup error ricm9 Excel Programming 4 May 22nd 06 09:14 PM