Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Detecting when a process ends

Does Excel provide a way to detect when a selection of formulas have
completed calculation or when a file save has completed ?

I want to run a macro, save the file, run another macro and save the
file again.

However, before each save, all formulas must have completed calculation.

Is this possible ?

- Ronald K.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Aug 30, 3:06*pm, "kittronald" wrote:
* * Does Excel provide a way to detect when a selection of formulas have
completed calculation or when a file save has completed ?

* * I want to run a macro, save the file, run another macro and save the
file again.

* * However, before each save, all formulas must have completed calculation.

* * Is this possible ?

- Ronald K.

sub runandsave()
macro1
activeworkbook.save
macro2
activeworkbook.save
end sub
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The macro function
Calculate
forces a recalculation of all your fields. So you can build that in
to your sequence before you do your saves.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don and Greg,

Thanks guys.

After setting up a combination macro, I see that the calculations
complete before the file save macro runs.

- Ronald K.