Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA: Read picture filename

I need a vba in Excel 2007 that once I drag a jpeg picture from a
folder to a cell it would type the picture filename in below cell cell
excluding the extension, the typed filename has to be readable by
vlookup this project is for creating a excel based catalogue which
will have approx 9 to 12 pictures per standard sheet this project idea
is very classic which I believe it is already done
Thanks
George
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Objects cannot be pasted "into" cells.........only lay on top.

To have a picture show up based on VLOOKUP when you select an item
from a DV list or type in a name see JE MCGimpsey's site.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

As written John's code allows for only one picture to be displayed and
the pictures must be stored and hidden on the same worksheet as the
VLOOKUP formula.

But that will pose no problem...........simply cut and paste the
shapes to the sheet in which you want them to be displayed.

Or you need multiple pictures shown from VLOOKUPS.............

Got to Debra Dalgeish's site for a sample workbook from Bernie
Dietrick for adding pictures via selections.

Allows for more than one picture to be displayed on a sheet but also
requires the pictures be stored on same sheet.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DataVal

DV0049 - ClipArt Selection

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 21:06:57 -0700 (PDT), Geo
wrote:

I need a vba in Excel 2007 that once I drag a jpeg picture from a
folder to a cell it would type the picture filename in below cell cell
excluding the extension, the typed filename has to be readable by
vlookup this project is for creating a excel based catalogue which
will have approx 9 to 12 pictures per standard sheet this project idea
is very classic which I believe it is already done
Thanks
George

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote:

I need a vba in Excel 2007 that once I drag a jpeg picture from a
folder to a cell it would type the picture filename in below cell cell
excluding the extension, the typed filename has to be readable by
vlookup this project is for creating a excel based catalogue which
will have approx 9 to 12 pictures per standard sheet this project idea
is very classic which I believe it is already done
Thanks
George- Hide quoted text -

Hi Geo,

You may interest this link.

http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...-in-a-Cell-UDF

Kris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Aug 28, 9:06*am, Geo wrote:
I need a vba in Excel 2007 that once I drag a jpeg picture from a
folder to a cell it would type the picture filename in below cell cell
excluding the extension, the typed filename has to be readable by
vlookup this project is for creating a excel based catalogue which
will have approx 9 to 12 pictures per standard sheet this project idea
is very classic which I believe it is already done
Thanks
George

Hi George,

Have a look at this link. http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...-in-a-Cell-UDF