Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding CustomUI Ribbon code using macro to new generated file

Hello,

I am generating excel macro files using macros and I want to add customUI code
to them is it possible to add it using vba?

Vikas Madaan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

vikasmadaan25 wrote on 08/06/2011 17:34 ET :
Hello,

I am generating excel macro files using macros and I want to add customUI

code
to them is it possible to add it using vba?

Vikas Madaan

Strange no one replied?

Any how i made the code to add the CustomUI to the xlsm file using macro but
strangrly its not picking the customUI code in the file.

Vikas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you have the ribbonX in your file in the proper place and you do not see
the expected changes to the ribbon there may be an error in the ribbonX.
Make sure you have "Show add-in user interface errors" selected in Excel
Advanced Options, General section so Excel will alert you to any errors.

"vikasmadaan25" wrote in
message ...
vikasmadaan25 wrote on 08/06/2011 17:34 ET :
Hello,

I am generating excel macro files using macros and I want to add customUI

code
to them is it possible to add it using vba?

Vikas Madaan

Strange no one replied?

Any how i made the code to add the CustomUI to the xlsm file using macro
but
strangrly its not picking the customUI code in the file.

Vikas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

vikasmadaan25 submitted this idea :
Hello,

I am generating excel macro files using macros and I want to add customUI
code to them is it possible to add it using vba?

Vikas Madaan

AFAIK, custom UI changes need to be done by editing the XML of the file
you want the changes to be implemented by. See my reply to your other
post for Ron de Bruin's solutions for customizing the UI and Ribbon.

--
Garry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

GS wrote on 08/08/2011 10:42 ET :
vikasmadaan25 submitted this idea :
Hello,

I am generating excel macro files using macros and I want to add customUI
code to them is it possible to add it using vba?

Vikas Madaan

AFAIK, custom UI changes need to be done by editing the XML of the file
you want the changes to be implemented by. See my reply to your other
post for Ron de Bruin's solutions for customizing the UI and Ribbon.

Garry

I hv found the issue why it was not working, I was adding the customui.xls
file
in customUI Folder but was not changing the .rels file in the _rels folder, it
working now, finally i found the solution to dynamically add xml code in the
new
generated file thru macro.

Vikas Madaan