Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Sorting according to a chosen name

Hello,

I have a table in Excel 2010.
The table is growing almost every day, I mean I add a few more rows
every day and from time to time I also
add more columns.

I wonder whether it is possible to create a macro that could do the
following things:

1) Mark my whole table and sort it in a decreasing way according to
the name that I would type.
2) Then I would like to have my mouse cursor in the column where is
the name that I'm looking for.
3) Finally, it would be great if the mouse cursor was set in this
column on the lowest number bigger
than 1 and if there is no higher number than 1 I would like the cursor
to be set just on the 1.

I was trying to record such macro but unfortunately it doesn't work
because I have no option to chose the
name of a person that I would like to have the macro sorted according
to. There are also other problems that
I can't solve.

If you could help me I would be very grateful.

Thank you very much in advance.

Tomek Baryla