Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default rotating an Isoceles Triangle in the shape of a Gauge needle

Hi,

does anyone know how to rotate an Isosceles triange (in the shape
of a Speedometer needle) from 0 to 100 (the speedometer dial is 240
deg in shape).

i am basically finding the x & y to center the Isosceles needle in
the center of the speedometer by taking the LEFT, WIDTH & TOP of the
speedometer image.
x=shp.Left+Shp.Width/2
y=shp.Top+Shp.Height/2

so the above would remain fixed for centering the Isosceles
triangle.

but how to calculate the Angle or the new X, Y positions for the
point traversing the Speedometer Arc which is 240 degrees in shape
based on a cell values ranging from 0 to 100?

any help would be most appreciated.

Please see attached file.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
If you don't absolutely have to use Excel, I would suggest using
GeoGebra at www.geogebra.org. Click the download button then
AppletStart. There are lots of good tutorial materials out there e.g.

Geogebra Forum: http://www.geogebra.org/forum/
Community of Geogebra users, bug reports and feature requests.

Geogebra Wiki: http://www.geogebra.org/en/wiki/index.php/English
Collection of re-usable teaching resources.

University of Limerick: http://www.ul.ie/cemtl/resources.htm
Excellent GeoGebra step by step demos.

Math 247: http://math247.pbworks.com/Learn-and-Use-GeoGebra
Fantastic Step-by-Step Help on How to Use GeoGebra by Dr Linda
Fahlberg- Stojanovska. Includes accessing Geogebra properties and
methods using Javascript – very cool.

If it must be Excel can you send me a personal email. I have several
Word documents on creating animation using excel charts which might
help.
regards
Paul

On May 10, 11:26*am, noname wrote:
* * Hi,

* * does anyone know how to rotate an Isosceles triange (in the shape
of a Speedometer needle) from 0 to 100 (the speedometer dial is 240
deg in shape).

* * i am basically finding the x & y to center the Isosceles needle in
the center of the speedometer by taking the LEFT, WIDTH & TOP of the
speedometer image.
* * x=shp.Left+Shp.Width/2
* * y=shp.Top+Shp.Height/2

* * so the above would remain fixed for centering the Isosceles
triangle.

* * but how to calculate the Angle or the new X, Y positions for the
point traversing the Speedometer Arc which is 240 degrees in shape
based on a cell values ranging from 0 to 100?

* * any help would be most appreciated.

* * Please see attached file.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On May 10, 3:52*pm, Paul Robinson
wrote:
[...]

Hi Paul, i have sent you a personal email. please send me a test mail
n i shall send u the file.