Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Chart rotation

When I grab the corner of a 3D chart and rotate it, the chart tuns
white. It returns to normal when done. Can this white background be
eliminated? I have a button and macro that makes it rotate and that
white makes a terrible flicker.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
Have you tried putting in this line at the top of the code
Application.Screenupdating = False

You might also scatter in a few lines of
DoEvents

Excel 2007 in particular can be terrible at updating graphics & I find
I have to drop DoEvents inside loops to make things "go" properly.
regards
Paul

On Apr 1, 7:40*am, Fan924 wrote:
When I grab the corner of a 3D chart and rotate it, the chart tuns
white. It returns to normal when done. Can this white background be
eliminated? * I have a button and macro that makes it rotate and that
white makes a terrible flicker.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Application.Screenupdating = False

This is the first thing I tried. Not any better.
Could you give an example of DoEvents. I am not familiar with it.
Thanks Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
You just type DoEvents on a new line. It forces Excel to update the
screen (amongst other things) before proceeding with the next line of
code. You can put it into a block of code more than once, especially
after code that updates the screen. I have sometimes had to use
DoEvents
DoEvents

as it seems to make things update better than one such line - heaven
knows why!
regards
Paul