Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2010 Component Id

Hi,

We have an Excel plug-in written back in the day for Excel 2000. Now
we're trying to port it to Excel 2010. So we need to add an Excel 2010
pre-requisite in its installer's Launch Conditions.

For this we must have the component id of Excel 2010 installation.
However, I can't find that anywhere on the Internet. Could someone
please point me to the right location?

I did come across Excel 2010 PIA's component ID. But to add a pre-
requisite for the PIA wouldn't work for me. That's because, being as
old as it is, our plug-in's code doesn't use any PIA's (it lets Visual
Studio create all the Interops).

Also, the component ID's for previous Office versions are easily
found:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/234788

Why has this changed for Office 2010? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
k s k s is offline

I've wasted a lot of time to find it so the only
that finally helped is MsiSpy from MSI SDK package.

So the Excel 2010 ComponentId is {538F6C89-2AD5-4006-8154-C6670774E980}.

You can find the others by choosing Installed products.. menu item in Msi Spy.

Just expand the root and go to your version of Office 2010 node, then navigate to Global_Excel_Core item.
You can find other comp id's by this example.

On Tuesday, November 23, 2010 10:04 AM gurry wrote:

Hi,

We have an Excel plug-in written back in the day for Excel 2000. Now
we are trying to port it to Excel 2010. So we need to add an Excel 2010
pre-requisite in its installer's Launch Conditions.

For this we must have the component id of Excel 2010 installation.
However, I cannot find that anywhere on the Internet. Could someone
please point me to the right location?

I did come across Excel 2010 PIA's component ID. But to add a pre-
requisite for the PIA would not work for me. That's because, being as
old as it is, our plug-in's code does not use any PIA's (it lets Visual
Studio create all the Interops).

Also, the component ID's for previous Office versions are easily
found:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/234788

Why has this changed for Office 2010? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Microsoft Silverlight For Beginners
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/training-...lverlight.aspx