Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default closing a vba project - dumb question

I know this is likely to be a dumb question but for all my searching I
cannot find an answer.

You can open a project (in my case one of my excel add-in files) by
double clicking on it - and the filename will be added to the Project
Explorer window in VB, along with all it's modules etc. But how do
you go about closing that add-in file once it is open? The only way I
found was to (save changes to all the other open projects, and) close
excel entirely, then open it again.

Another way I found was to find "ThisWorkbook" and change the
"IsAddin" property to FALSE, which opens the workbook in excel which I
can then close.

Is there an easier way to close a project?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"ajlowndes" wrote in message
I know this is likely to be a dumb question but for all my searching I
cannot find an answer.

You can open a project (in my case one of my excel add-in files) by
double clicking on it - and the filename will be added to the Project
Explorer window in VB, along with all it's modules etc. But how do
you go about closing that add-in file once it is open? The only way I
found was to (save changes to all the other open projects, and) close
excel entirely, then open it again.

Another way I found was to find "ThisWorkbook" and change the
"IsAddin" property to FALSE, which opens the workbook in excel which I
can then close.

Is there an easier way to close a project?

Partial answer from one with limited experience: In xl2010, go Developer
Group Add-ins and de-select the addin in question. I think that closes
the add-in.

--
Clif McIrvin

(clare reads his mail with moe, nomail feeds the bit bucket :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ajlowndes has brought this to us :
I know this is likely to be a dumb question but for all my searching I
cannot find an answer.

You can open a project (in my case one of my excel add-in files) by
double clicking on it - and the filename will be added to the Project
Explorer window in VB, along with all it's modules etc. But how do
you go about closing that add-in file once it is open? The only way I
found was to (save changes to all the other open projects, and) close
excel entirely, then open it again.

Another way I found was to find "ThisWorkbook" and change the
"IsAddin" property to FALSE, which opens the workbook in excel which I
can then close.

Is there an easier way to close a project?

If it's not an installed addin (but just an opened xla file), in the
Immediate Window of the VBE use...
Workbooks("Name_Of_XLA_File").Close False

--
Garry

Dumb Question Oldjay Excel Programming 2 July 29th 07 05:58 PM
Dumb Question David Excel Worksheet Functions 2 May 28th 07 08:13 PM
dumb question uw805 Excel Worksheet Functions 6 June 8th 06 05:06 PM
Very dumb question gregorsamsa Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 March 23rd 06 03:15 PM
Dumb Dim Question Michael Smith Excel Programming 1 June 25th 04 05:43 PM