Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot Table problem

I have a pivot table with Names in Column A. Columns B, C and D contain data
as follows:

A B C D
Joe 50
Sue 75 25
Sam 25
Tom 30
Fred 20

How do I make my pivot table total each row? (Joe = 50, Sue = 100, etc) I
don't care if a new column is added or if B, C and D are combined in 1
column. I need those totals for my Pivot Chart.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

most effective and simple would be to have source data update like
this

Name Category Value
Joe B 50
Sue C 75
Sue D 25
Sam B 50

then it would be a breeze to see the totals in the pivot table, you
just need to switch on "grand totals" (or sub totals depending on the
table complexity)