Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to embed INDIRECT.EXT into workbook Excel 2007

Please.
I need to pull data from another closed excel file!

Thank you for reading this especially if you are able to help me out on
this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Nov 7, 4:44*am, "DVAL" wrote:
Please.
I need to pull data from another closed excel file!

Thank you for reading this especially if you are able to help me out on
this.

INDIRECT does NOT work with closed workbooks. Use linking formulas or
a macro to openget dataclose

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 11:44:58 +0100, "DVAL" wrote:

Please.
I need to pull data from another closed excel file!

Thank you for reading this especially if you are able to help me out on
this.

You probably can't do that. The last posted note I've seen regarding
this is in HELP for the latest version:

"Warning : for the moment (october 2007), the tool described in this
page doesn't work with Excel 2007, because of a bug in a callback
function. Hopefully, it will be fixed by a service pack. Don't use it
if you want to share workbooks using Morefunc with people who work
with this Excel version."

And, in my installation, the "Include Morefunc" tool does not even
show up.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, and it's working on my PC.
But I need to sent this files over the LAN!
:(

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Have you loaded the addin?

--

HTH

Bob

"DVAL" wrote in message
Please.
I need to pull data from another closed excel file!

Thank you for reading this especially if you are able to help me out on
this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Place the add-in in a LAN storage folder where all recipients will have access
to the function as you have on your PC.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP