Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SUMIF and SUMIFS Error

It seems that I have to concatenate the criteria arguments in the
SUMIF and SUMIFS functions since I have moved to Excel 2007. For
example, "D$4" must become ""&D$4 in the Excel 2007 version. Is this
a change in syntax or a bug that needs to be addressed. Any
thoughts...

Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Even needing to concatenate the "" sign and the cell reference? I am
not sure that I ever remember needing this syntax.

Here's another...conditional formatting has been "glitching" around a
lot, as well. Have you noticed anything weird with this? I have
tried the conditional formatting provided in the program and created
it on my own with the cell. For example:

=if("D4="Years",E4/F4,text(E4/F4,"0.0%"))

This formula works most of the time, but just stops working in some
instances until you edit the formula, altering nothing, and
recalculate. Same with the conditional formatting functionality built
into excel. (Note: I have already verified uniform formatting of the
source date.)