Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default CDO.Send failed to connect to the server

Hi,

The below code had been working fine for ages (XP, Office 2003) and
now that I switched to a new pc and W7, Office 2010 it fails to send
email (i.e., fails to connect to the server). There must be a simple
fix for this that i'm unable to locate. Your help would be greatly
appreciated!

The code that works fine on my old machine:

Sub SendMyMail()
Dim cdomsg As CDO.Message

Set cdomsg = New CDO.Message
With cdomsg.Configuration.Fields
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing")
= 2 'NTLM method
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver")
= "smtp.gmail.com"
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/
smptserverport") = 465 '587
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/
smtpauthenticate") = 1
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpusessl")
= True
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/
smtpconnectiontimeout") = 60
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/
sendusername") = "
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/
sendpassword") = "myPwd"
.Update
End With

With cdomsg
.To = "
.From = "
.Subject = "mySubj "
.TextBody = "myText"
.send

End Sub

So, on the .send line it fails with error: "The transport failed to
connect to the server.". I tried disabling Firewall alltogether but to
no avail (i.e., i disabled the firewall but it didn't make a
difference).
Any ideas?

A.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Having wasted a good few hours i did the following:
- enabled IIS on my pc (but i don't know if it had to be done)
- spotted/fixed silly (a very silly one) typo in "smptserverport"
i.e., smpt as oppose to smtp
and then it started working again...
Nevertheless - can anyone advise if enabling the IIS services on the
machine would make a difference? I realize that the typo was a show
stopper but is there any CDO.Send dependancy on the IIS running on the
pc?

A.