Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macro to fill cells

I have a macro that clears an area "A1:Z100" of text. I would like to
add to it. How do I fill these cells with a single blank space without
doing a copy/paste?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First, I think that this is a bad idea.

If you ever use formulas like:
=if(a1="","something","another thing")
then these will all break.

You may need to change to something like:
=if(trim(a1)="", ...

It could also break up any =counta() formulas and even how navigating the
worksheet (with End|UpArrow techniques).

But if you want...

activesheet.range("a1:z100").value = " "

(I wouldn't do this!)

--
Dave Peterson