Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Opening PPT deck in background

I have an Excel program with a feature enabling the user to push a
button that automatically 'cuts & pastes' numerous Excel charts into a
PowerPoint deck.

I am trying to write the code when the user launches the Excel app
that it also 'opens' the PowerPoint deck, but only open in the
background, 'inactive' for lack of proper semantics. In other words I
want the PPT there and available, but I don't want it to appear on the
screen. I want the screen to go directly to my opening Excel tab.

Here's what I have so far, but it leaves me in PowerPoint and I want
to end up on the "cover" sheet-tab in the Excel workbook.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Dim PPT As PowerPoint.Application
Set PPT = New PowerPoint.Application
PPT.Visible = True
PPT.Presentations.Open Filename:="C:\Data\SPL Deck.ppt"

Sheets("Cover").Select
Range("version").Select

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End sub