Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default saving to WK4 registry error

I have a user that needs to save excel files to WK4 format. When she
tries to do so she gets the following error:

Run-time error: '1004'

You are attempting to save a file type that is blocked by your
registry policy setting.

Any idea how I can help her? I hope we will not have to update the
registry. That is beyond the capability of the user and it is further
complicated in that she is in a different location so I cannot see her
screen.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Edward" wrote in message

I have a user that needs to save excel files to WK4 format. *When she
tries to do so she gets the following error:

* *Run-time error: '1004'

* *You are attempting to save a file type that is blocked by your
registry policy setting.

Any idea how I can help her? *I hope we will not have to update the
registry. *That is beyond the capability of the user and it is further
complicated in that she is in a different location so I cannot see her
screen.

Thanks. That fixed it for her.