Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need help creating a listbox in Excel that can delete unwantedcolumns

Good morning. I hope someone can help me. I have a report that the
user generates and outputs to Excel, It is run daily and everyone
across the country uses the data contained in the report differently.
There are over 40 column headings and I want to be able to have the
users select from a list box the columns they do not want printed.

I would like to have either a list box with column headers that they
can select be hidden\deleted that can be activated by a button. I
have not had any luck creating a listbox with column headers. Any
assistance\tips are appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How about a couple alternatives.

Excel has a feature called Views (View|Custom Views in xl2003 menus).

You can create a custom view that shows all the columns (call it AllColumns).
And then you can hide the columns you want to hide for each variation of the
printout.

Give each of those options a different view name (maybe based on the user or
department or the reason for this view).

Then you can tell the user to show that view before printing. And show the
AllColumns view when they're done.

=======
Alternatively, you could create separate macros for each of the reports you need
to support. This would be just hiding columns (and maybe printing and showing
all the columns).

Then you could tell each user to run the macro (alt-f8) that corresponds to the
"view" that they want.

=====
As a user, I would rather have something easy to implement (like a view or
macro) than have to choose the columns that I want each time I want to print.

Especially if I had to print reports more than once a week!

--
Dave Peterson