Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Test

This is a test message.

this is first line.
This is indented one tab.
This is indented three spaces.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron Rosenfeld wrote :
This is a test message.

this is first line.
This is indented one tab.
This is indented three spaces.

Hi Ron,
So it works!<g Looks like your tab setting is 4 spaces, currently. Are
you trying to figure out line wrapping? AFAICT, a newsreader displays
lines the full width of the (resizeable) window the message is viewed
in.

regards,

--
Garry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 14:53:42 -0400, GS wrote:

Ron Rosenfeld wrote :
This is a test message.

this is first line.
This is indented one tab.
This is indented three spaces.

Hi Ron,
So it works!<g Looks like your tab setting is 4 spaces, currently. Are
you trying to figure out line wrapping? AFAICT, a newsreader displays
lines the full width of the (resizeable) window the message is viewed
in.

regards,

No Gary,

I have recently upgraded to Agent 6.0 and am also using the NNTP
bridge to access the MS newsgroups. Using that system, I was losing
my leading spaces & tabs. This was part of my troubleshooting to
determine the source of the problem.

Turns out that upgrading the NNTP bridge to the latest version solved
my problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron Rosenfeld formulated the question :

Ron Rosenfeld wrote :
This is a test message.

this is first line.
This is indented one tab.
This is indented three spaces.

Hi Ron,
So it works!<g Looks like your tab setting is 4 spaces, currently. Are
you trying to figure out line wrapping? AFAICT, a newsreader displays
lines the full width of the (resizeable) window the message is viewed
in.

regards,

No Gary,

I have recently upgraded to Agent 6.0 and am also using the NNTP
bridge to access the MS newsgroups. Using that system, I was losing
my leading spaces & tabs. This was part of my troubleshooting to
determine the source of the problem.

Turns out that upgrading the NNTP bridge to the latest version solved
my problem.

I see. Well, I'm accessing this thread via the server in my sig, and
not using a bridge. I guess that means I don't get messages from the
forum, but this NG is alive and well on e-s!

--
Garry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:20:16 -0400, GS wrote:

I see. Well, I'm accessing this thread via the server in my sig, and
not using a bridge. I guess that means I don't get messages from the
forum, but this NG is alive and well on e-s!

Right. This NG is on, and presumeably will stay on, all of the NG
servers (except the Microsoft server).

But Microsoft also has other newgroups that are not on any NG server
(because they never have been). For those of us who prefer the NG
interface, some folk developed a program called the NNTP Bridge, which
allows accessing those other NG's via one of several newsreaders
(Forte Agent; OE; Thunderbird to name a few). If you're interested,
see http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/releases/view/46108

Anyway, things seem to be working OK for me now.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron Rosenfeld formulated on Monday :
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:20:16 -0400, GS wrote:

I see. Well, I'm accessing this thread via the server in my sig, and
not using a bridge. I guess that means I don't get messages from the
forum, but this NG is alive and well on e-s!

Right. This NG is on, and presumeably will stay on, all of the NG
servers (except the Microsoft server).

But Microsoft also has other newgroups that are not on any NG server
(because they never have been). For those of us who prefer the NG
interface, some folk developed a program called the NNTP Bridge, which
allows accessing those other NG's via one of several newsreaders
(Forte Agent; OE; Thunderbird to name a few). If you're interested,
see http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/releases/view/46108

Anyway, things seem to be working OK for me now.

Yeah, I tried signing in for that bridge. It told me my AOL sign-in was
already in use by someone else. Well, of course it is; by me. So what
I'm saying is whatever they've got configured for people transitioning
over DOESN'T WORK <IMO if it can't recognize that I'm using my MS
passport sign-in credentials to sign in with. It kept redirecting me to
the 'new' signup page<??! -Kinda put me off from wanting to make any
more attempts after this persisted with 3 attempts.<??!

I see that there's other bridges that can be used so I might try again
some day when I have time to waste on this.

--
Garry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"GS" wrote in message
[...]

Something not right there Garry, the LiveID you use to sign in on the web
forums should work fine with Jochan's Community Bridge, if not it's unlikely
to work any better with the MS Bridge's (don't even bother with them). Make
sure you read If still struggling raise a question in the "Discussions"
section (above link), though you'll need to create a different login for
that.
Also see http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/documentation

Regards,
Peter T

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Peter T expressed precisely :
"GS" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Peter!
Actually, I need to apologize to Ron as I did not notice the link he
provided was not M$'s. The problems I cited were with the M$ bridge,
and so I will definitely give this one a try. I've read elsewhere that
it's one of the better choices.

--
Garry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron Rosenfeld presented the following explanation :
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:20:16 -0400, GS wrote:

I see. Well, I'm accessing this thread via the server in my sig, and
not using a bridge. I guess that means I don't get messages from the
forum, but this NG is alive and well on e-s!

Right. This NG is on, and presumeably will stay on, all of the NG
servers (except the Microsoft server).

But Microsoft also has other newgroups that are not on any NG server
(because they never have been). For those of us who prefer the NG
interface, some folk developed a program called the NNTP Bridge, which
allows accessing those other NG's via one of several newsreaders
(Forte Agent; OE; Thunderbird to name a few). If you're interested,
see http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/releases/view/46108

Anyway, things seem to be working OK for me now.

Sorry Ron!
I didn't notice that your link was NOT to the M$ bridge, which is where
I encountered the problems I cited in my previous post.

I will definitely give this one a try as I've read elsewhere that it's
one of the better ones.

regards,

--
Garry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 11:40:02 -0400, GS wrote:

Sorry Ron!
I didn't notice that your link was NOT to the M$ bridge, which is where
I encountered the problems I cited in my previous post.

I will definitely give this one a try as I've read elsewhere that it's
one of the better ones.

regards,

--
Garry

No need to apologize. I, too, had problems with the original MS
project.

Can you help test our Excel test? Jeff[_14_] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 7th 09 05:11 PM
Test Jay T. Emory Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 February 18th 09 08:44 PM
test Cheyenne New Users to Excel 0 February 13th 09 12:50 AM
Calculate mean of test scores from rows of test answers RiotLoadTime Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 July 26th 06 05:14 PM
test..where are my messages..test HT New Users to Excel 0 January 23rd 05 06:23 PM