Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel/Cellphone

Hi,
I would like to know if it's possible to program Excel to send Text
msg to Cell Phones.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
Yes it is possible. You need to first purchase sms tokens (doubt that
is the proper name - Google "sending sms from the PC" or some such).
You might then have 200 tokens with the root address @smsmanager.com
say. Then in outlook (say) you would have an address like
. You can then post to this address from
excel (search this group on sending email from excel) or create
address book entries in your mail client and post from there.
We use it in our college to text students from our pc's. Typically the
message goes in the header and the Plain Text option is on. There is
probably no reply feature from such text messages.
regards
Paul

On Jun 7, 9:59*pm, Charles wrote:
Hi,
I would like to know if it's possible to *program Excel to send Text
msg to Cell Phones.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Jun 7, 9:59*pm, Charles wrote:

Hi,
I would like to know if it's possible to *program Excel to send Text
msg to Cell Phones.

Paul,

Sorry for the slow reply, but I want to thank you for your response.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
I have some code which takes mobile numbers in Excel and creates an
outlook address book from them. You just need to have the particular
' bit to add to the end of each number. I have found
this more flexible than sending directly from Excel.
Get back to me if you think that might be useful.
regards
Paul

On Jun 7, 9:59*pm, Charles wrote:

Hi,
I would like to know if it's possible to *program Excel to send Text
msg to Cell Phones.

Paul,

Sorry for the slow reply, but I want to thank you for your response.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Paul,

I have been following this thread for a few days now and would be very
interested to see your code.From your postings l assume the code takes
a list of mobile numbers in Excel, creates the requisite entries in
Outlook and then sends the designated SMS message.

Please would you be kind enough to post the code on the newsgroup.

Regards

Michael Beckinsale

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Michael
Will post this weekend - stuff is on another machine.
regards
Paul

On Jun 11, 10:46*am, "michael.beckinsale"
wrote:
Hi Paul,

I have been following this thread for a few days now and would be very
interested to see your code.From your postings l assume the code takes
a list of mobile numbers in Excel, creates the requisite entries in
Outlook and then sends the designated SMS message.

Please would you be kind enough to post the code on the newsgroup.

Regards

Michael Beckinsale

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, I've never heard of SMS tokens before? It used to be you could
just email someone's phone number and the short text message would be
conveyed. Each cell phone company has their own SMS email gateway
extension --

, @mobile.mycingular.com, @txt.att.net, ETC....

http://www.appscout.com/2007/10/how_...o_sms_cell.php

Ron DeBruin has excellent excel email text routines.