Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Code to select and format range

Hi All,

I want to select a range of cells and format the range of cells based on a
"offset" feature...

The last couple lines in my code a

ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R[-4]C:R[-1]C)"

Where the active cell reference is a moving target depending on the amount
of data in the worksheet. How do I now say - select this cell, plus other
cells in this range of cells and format them with a border, and a color? I
can't get the syntax right. I I record the macro, it only gives me this:
range("I32:L37").Select -which is not what I want....

Thanks for the help..

--
Thanks for all of the help. It is much appreciated!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bean Counter has brought this to us :
Hi All,

I want to select a range of cells and format the range of cells based on a
"offset" feature...

The last couple lines in my code a

ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R[-4]C:R[-1]C)"

Where the active cell reference is a moving target depending on the amount
of data in the worksheet. How do I now say - select this cell, plus other
cells in this range of cells and format them with a border, and a color? I
can't get the syntax right. I I record the macro, it only gives me this:
range("I32:L37").Select -which is not what I want....

Thanks for the help..

This is what I got when I ran the macro recorder:

Sub Macro2()
Range("I32:L57").Select
Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalDown).LineStyle = xlNone
Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalUp).LineStyle = xlNone
With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeLeft)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End With
With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeTop)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End With
With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeBottom)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End With
With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeRight)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End With
Selection.Borders(xlInsideVertical).LineStyle = xlNone
Selection.Borders(xlInsideHorizontal).LineStyle = xlNone
With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 35
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With