Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Selection.Cut Destination:=Columns("B:B")

Selection.Cut Destination:=Columns("B:B")

I recenty got a new pc at work with msoffice 2007.
A macro that i had previously recorded is no longer working.
The error message is as follows: (Followed by the code)

A selections including both inside a table and below it cannot be
copied and inserted into that table. Select cells outside the table
and try inserting the data again.
You have attempted to fill data in a way not supportted by the table.

code:

Sub work_nesi()

Columns("F:K").Select
Range("K1").Activate
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlToLeft
Columns("B:B").Select
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlToRight
Columns("F:F").Select
Selection.Cut Destination:=Columns("B:B")
Columns("F:F").Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlToLeft
Range("A1").Select
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i only tested in 2010, but try this. no need to select

Sub work_nesi()

Columns("F:K").Delete Shift:=xlToLeft
Columns("B:B").Insert Shift:=xlToRight
Columns("F:F").Cut Destination:=Columns("B:B")
Columns("F:F").Delete Shift:=xlToLeft
Range("A1").Select

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"J.W. Aldridge" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanx all...

Found that the issue is that msexcel2007 was pasting the data as an
table, and wouldn't allow me to manipulate the columns. So, the
problem was really in the way I copied and pasted the data in the
range on this sheet.

thanx anyway...