Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Date lies between

I have 2 date column in sheet "DB" and I need to find if the date entered in
sheet1 lies between these dates..

That is for Example - if I enter dates 12-May to 15-May it should say "True"
or what ever else "false"

Its should check the entire column and give the result.

From To
12-May 15-May
25-May 26-May
28-May 01-Jun
05-Jun 08-Jun
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

'If there is only 1 query date then try the below with query date in cell E1

=SUMPRODUCT((DB!A1:A5<=E1)*(DB!B1:B5=E2))<0

If it is a date range; then try the below with E1 and E2 as start/end dates..

"Kash" wrote:

I have 2 date column in sheet "DB" and I need to find if the date entered in
sheet1 lies between these dates..

That is for Example - if I enter dates 12-May to 15-May it should say "True"
or what ever else "false"

Its should check the entire column and give the result.

From To
12-May 15-May
25-May 26-May
28-May 01-Jun
05-Jun 08-Jun

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You havent mentioned any thing about the names in your initial post...and so
its not clear to me..

"Kash" wrote:

This works.. but the thing is column changes with the value in F5 on Sheet1

if value is XYZ the it will be column a,b
if value is MNO the it will be column c,d
and so on..

have allotted 2 columns per name..

can we do this using formula or I need a macro?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I agree I had not mentioned.. but any solution now?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Still it is unclear..Elaborate how your data is arranged so that someone here
could help.