Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default export data between spreadsheets

Hello,

how do I setup an excel file that each time when I enter data in one
spreadsheet it will export to another excel file in the same column of
subsequent rows?

Example: if each time data enter in one spreadsheet column A of row 1 it
will export this data to another spreadsheet column B of row 1,2,3... and so
on.

Thanks. Scott
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi scott

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm

See the last example on the page

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"scott" wrote in message ...
Hello,

how do I setup an excel file that each time when I enter data in one
spreadsheet it will export to another excel file in the same column of
subsequent rows?

Example: if each time data enter in one spreadsheet column A of row 1 it
will export this data to another spreadsheet column B of row 1,2,3... and so
on.

Thanks. Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What is your definition of "spreadsheet"?

Another workbook or another sheet within the same workbook?

I will assume worksheet in same workbook since you did mention "file"

In Sheet1 add this event code.

On Error GoTo stoppit
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Address = "$A$1" And Target.Value < "" Then
With Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp)
.Offset(1, 0).Value = Target.Value
End With
End If
stoppit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Right-click on Sheet1 tab and "View Code". Copy/paste the code into that
sheet module.

Note: Sheet2 B1 will remain blank or if you wish, add a title in B1 to
start with.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP