Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Remove spaces

Try this:

Sub SpaceKiller()
For Each r In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
v = r.Value
If Len(v) 0 And Len(Replace(v, " ", "")) = 0 Then
r.Clear
End If
Next
Gary''s Student - gsnu201003

"QB" wrote:

I have been given an excel workbook which I need to import into Access.
After lengthy testing I found out that I have been experiencing import
problem because the excel spreadsheet contains 'blank entries' where the user
made a series of spaces but no actual text. So then Access interprets the
spaces as text, and it violate the established format.... (you get the point)

Is there a simple way for me to clean up these 'blank entries'? How can I
loop through a given spreadsheet and blank any cell with spaces (no text, no
date... just spaces)?

Thank you,

QB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This will work
For Each r In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
If Not r.MergeCells Then
v = r.Value
If Len(v) 0 And Len(Replace(v, " ", "")) = 0 Then
r.Clear
Next

"QB" wrote:

Gary,

Firstly, thank you for the rapid response.

I tried your code out, and in a general sense it does work. However, it
crashes on merged cells. Is there any way to resolve this so it can either
handle the merged cells or skip over them but still process the rest?

QB

Remove spaces QB Excel Programming 0 May 27th 10 09:27 PM
Remove spaces Gary''s Student Excel Programming 0 May 27th 10 08:53 PM
How can i remove spaces? Lion2004 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 9th 07 11:57 AM
how do I remove leading spaces and leave the remianing spaces w Debi Excel Worksheet Functions 6 February 28th 07 03:29 PM
How do I remove spaces lovebaby Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 October 29th 05 02:08 PM