Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to delete rows

Hello:

If this answers your question, please check "Answered" on the site.

Unless you are absolutely sure that you will have exactly 5 days per week,
it could be dangerous just to delete every 5th row.

I would recommend looking at the date, and if it's a Friday, then don't
delete it. This little example should give you a good start. It searches
from row 21 to row 1 looking at dates in column A, and if they are not a
Friday, it deletes the line.

Option Explicit

Public Sub DayOfWeek()
Dim i As Long
Dim DayOfWeek As Integer '6 = Friday

For i = 21 To 1 Step -1
DayOfWeek = WorksheetFunction.Weekday(Cells(i, 1).Value, 1)
If DayOfWeek < 6 Then
Rows(i).Delete
End If
Next i

Rich Locus
Logicwurks, LLC

"Ken G" wrote:

I have a list of daily data that is one day per row, I need a macro to trim
it back from daily data to weekly data retaining only Friday's data for each
week, so I need to delete 4 rows, skip a row and delete the next 4 rows etc.
The list is currently about 400 rows. (Excel 2003)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks OssieMac and Rich Locus. Good point about checking the day rather
than just deleting 4 days and skip one. It worked perfectly. I've clicked the
"Yes" boxes for "Did this answer the question?" but not sure what you meant
by
"... please check "Answered" on the site",

Thanks,