Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Latency on the move - without tripping down the stairs!

Hi

I need to check wireless LAN latency while roaming. I am currently using
code to grab user location via InputBox as below but would prefer to keep
the ping running independently. Is there a way I can keep ping results
flowing with the user updating location only when a new location is reached?
In other words, can the following be changed or altered so the user does not
have to keep pressing [Enter] for the next ping?

While UCase(sCurLocation) < "Z"

Cells(i, 1) = Now()
tmp = IPPing(sHost)
'.
Cells(i, 2) = tmp
sCurLocation = InputBox(".","Location?", Cells(i, 3).Offset(-1))
If StrPtr(sCurLocation) = 0 Then Exit Sub
Cells(i, 3) = UCase(sCurLocation)
Cells(i, 4).FormulaR1C1 = '.

Wend

--