Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.printing,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I put something in the footer that reads from the sheet

Hello, I want the footer in my print-out to pull some information from my
workbook (ideally from a different sheet)

Is this possible?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.printing,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

Hi Michelle

You will have to make use of the workbook event...

Set the security level to low/medium in (Tools|Macro|Security). From
workbook press Alt+F11 to launch VBE (Visual Basic Editor). From the left
treeview search for the workbook name and click on + to expand it. Within
that you should see the following

VBAProject(Your_Filename)
Microsoft Excel Objects
Sheet1(Sheet1)
Sheet2(Sheet2)
Sheet3(Sheet3)
This Workbook

Double click 'This WorkBook' and paste the below code to the right code pane.

'Edit sheetname
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftFooter = Sheets("Sheetname").Range("A1").Value

Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Michelle" wrote:

Hello, I want the footer in my print-out to pull some information from my
workbook (ideally from a different sheet)

Is this possible?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.printing,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

With hindsight, I realise I shouldn't have posted to the VBA group.

What I really want is a field that I can put into the footer that will just
read from a cell.

something like: &[=sheet1!A1]

is there any such thing?

Cheers