Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cell colour format according to date

If a cell value is equal to today I want the colour to change to red. I have
entered =TODAY as a conditional formatting value but the cell colour does not
change. The cell has been formatted as ddd dd mmm. Any ideas please.

Thanks in advance for any help
John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi John

Try the below

1. Select the cell/Range (say A1:A10). Please note that the cell reference
A1 mentioned in the formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell
will have a white background even after selection

2. From menu FormatConditional Formatting

3. For Condition1Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula
=A1=TODAY()

4. Click Format ButtonPattern and select your color (say Red)

5. Hit OK

PS: If you are using XL2007 Goto Home tabStylesConditional
FormattingManage rulesNew ruleUse a formula to determine which cells to
format. Enter the formula in the box below.

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)