Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data entered in several cells before proceeding

I should be able to make this work, but can't. I have a worksheet that
includes a section to record checks and deposits of our school band boosters.
I want to make sure that the person who is entering the data enters all of it,
so that the date, check #, vendor, description, and amount must be entered
before proceeding to the next row. If they haven't entered everything then
they get a message box telling them that all information must be entered
before proceeding. I can make this work using a UserForm, but I've been asked
not to include one of those. These are in columns A - E with the checks
starting on row 11, and the deposits on row 28. Does anybody have any
suggestions? I really appreciate it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I thought of that, but if they don't enter things in the order I think they
should then they'll get a lot of messages. Of course, they'll learn to enter
things in the right order maybe. I'll take a look. Thanks.

Don Guillett wrote:
You could use event code that fires on an entry in the last column.
If Target.Count 1 Or Target.Column < 5 Then Exit Sub
If Application.CountA(Cells(Target.Row, 1).Resize(, 5)) < 5 Then
MsgBox "finish"

I should be able to make this work, but can't. I have a worksheet that
includes a section to record checks and deposits of our school band

[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]