Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default EXCEL

I got a table with values for age, gender, percentiles like
BOYS
AGE 5% 10% 25%
6 100 115 127
7 112 116 129

GIRLS
AGE 5% 10% 25%
6 100 115 127
7 112 116 129

If I have those values of the book and i want to get the value that
corresponde in the table. How I can do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You would need to use INDEX MATCH, a really well laid out tutorial can
be found here 'INDEX MATCH - Excel Index Function and Excel Match'
(http://www.contextures.com/xlfunctions03.html) Debra has even included
a dowloadable example workbook.

QUOTE=Maricarmen;723367]I got a table with values for age, gender,

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com)
Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=202605

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It isn't entirely clear what you are looking for, but maybe the
following will get you going in the right direction. Suppose your boys
table is in cells B3:E5 and the girls table is in B8:E10. If the
gender you want to look up is in H1, the age to look up is in I1, and
the percentage to look up is in J1, the following formula will return
the value from within the table for a specified gender, age, and
percentage:

=OFFSET(IF(H1="boys",B3,B8),MATCH(I1,IF(H1="boys", B3:B5,B8:B10),0)-1,MATCH(J1,IF(H1="boys",B3:E3,B8:E8),0)-1)

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
Excel, 1998 - 2010