Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Arbitrary data to Textboxes in UserForm

I created a UserForm named UserForm2 with 4 Textboxes named Textbox1,
Textbox2, TextBox3, and Textbox4. I want to call UserForm2 (UserForm2.Show)
and have the following procedure execute.

-TextBox1 populate with random data from one cell in Sheet1 range B1:B200

-TextBox2, TextBox3, TextBox4 each populate with data from one different
random cell Sheet2 range B1:B200

I can insert this code below into TextBox1 of UserForm2 and it will pull
random data from one cell in Sheet1 range B1:B200 when I call the form

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
TextBox1.Text = Range("B" & Int(123 * Rnd) + 2).Value
End Sub

However if activate Sheet2 (Sheet2.Activate) and try to use the same code
for TextBox2, TextBox3, and TextBox4, I get no result; the textboxes remain
blank. Can you help me understand why my procedure is not working and how I
can get the result I am looking for with TextBox2, TextBox3, and TextBox4?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

TextBox1.Text = Range("B" & Int(123 * Rnd) + 2).Value

I assume you are changing the TextBox name. You also need to Qualify your
range reference with the applicable sheet object, i.e.

TextBox2.Text = Sheets("Sheet2").Range("B" & Int(123*Rnd + 2).Value

Otherwise, it reverts to the active sheet.

"Rock" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try specifying the sheet that contains that range:

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
TextBox1.Text = worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B" & Int(123 * Rnd) + 2).Value
TextBox2.Text = worksheets("Sheet2").Range("B" & Int(123 * Rnd) + 2).Value
TextBox3.Text = worksheets("Sheet2").Range("B" & Int(123 * Rnd) + 2).Value
TextBox4.Text = worksheets("Sheet2").Range("B" & Int(123 * Rnd) + 2).Value
End Sub

--

Dave Peterson