Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default List details in another sheet

Hi, I have a sheet "Data" with transactions by customer. Column A has
the Customer ID. In another sheet called "By Customer", the user
selects from a drop down a Customer ID, and clicks a button. What I
want for this button is to run a macro to get in a 3rd sheet,
"Transactions", columns B, C, D and E from the Data sheet, for the
selected customer ID. Is that possible? Can somebody help?
Thanks,
Cecilia
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use VLOOKUP
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-vlookup-formula.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"Chechu" wrote in message
Hi, I have a sheet "Data" with transactions by customer. Column A has
the Customer ID. In another sheet called "By Customer", the user
selects from a drop down a Customer ID, and clicks a button. What I
want for this button is to run a macro to get in a 3rd sheet,
"Transactions", columns B, C, D and E from the Data sheet, for the
selected customer ID. Is that possible? Can somebody help?
Thanks,
Cecilia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On May 3, 11:13*pm, "ozgrid.com" wrote:
Use VLOOKUPhttp://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-vlookup-formula.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawleywww.ozgrid.com"Chechu" wrote in message

Hi, I have a sheet "Data" with transactions by customer. Column A has
the Customer ID. In another sheet called "By Customer", the user
selects from a drop down a Customer ID, and clicks a button. What I
want for this button is to run a macro to get in a 3rd sheet,
"Transactions", columns B, C, D and E from the Data sheet, for the
selected customer ID. Is that possible? Can somebody help?
Thanks,
Cecilia- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Dave, but I need VBA for this, not formula. Transactions file
is a weekly file with over 50.000 rows, and I may have none, one, two,
n transactions from the selected customer. I can't use just vlookup
here. Any idea??
Thanks,
Cecilia