Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default UDF

Hi All,

When entering a standard Excel function, it is showing all parameters as a
short help on the function.

Is this something we can do also with UDF and how?

With kind regards,

JP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Last year I made some modifications to Fabrice Rimlinger's open source
sparklines tool for a project I was working on, and added some help text. It
has been too long for me to remember all the details, but the snippet below
may lead you in the right direction.

HTH,
Keith

Sub PiechartCreate3() 'PieChartCreate3

Dim StrDescription As String 'limit of approx 250 characters or
macroOptions throws an error
'there also seems to be a limit of 3
visible lines/rows total

StrDescription = _
"If SUM(range) < 1 use 'SmallValueKey':" & Chr(13) & _
" 1: Show values as-is" & Chr(13) & _
" 2: Show values as a % of SUM(range); automatically totals 100%"

Application.MacroOptions Macro:="PieChart3", Description:=StrDescription

Dim OldFormula As String
OldFormula = ActiveCell.formula
OldFormula = Replace(OldFormula, "=+", "=")
If Not LCase(Left(ActiveCell.formula, 11)) = "=piechart3(" Then
ActiveCell = "=piechart3()"
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFunctionWizard).Show
If LCase(ActiveCell.formula) = "=piechart3()" Then
ActiveCell.formula = OldFormula
Else
ActiveCell.Calculate

"JP Ronse" wrote:

Hi All,

When entering a standard Excel function, it is showing all parameters as a
short help on the function.

Is this something we can do also with UDF and how?

With kind regards,

JP

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your input but it was not really what I was looking for.

With kind regards.

JP