Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Graphing a bounded region with a twist?

HI,

Can someone give me an idea of how to plot a bounded region of data?
I have series plotted. Two of the series are basically 1/x plots
(google 'plot 1/x') which are offset along the x-axis. The other two
series are a fixed y-value along the entire x-axis, again offset.
What is created is a region bound by these 4 plots. I think I could
do this by subtracting series based on stacked area plots.

Here's the twist. Once I have the bounded region defined (or mapped
in a different color in the chart), I want to append cluster (xy) data
to the chart and analyze it based on some distance calculations to the
cluster... (blah blah for the reason).

I don't know how to append xy data to a predefined area chart.

Thanks for help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
I doubt Excel is your best option here.
Have a look at GeoGebra at www.geogebra.org - it's free and you can
run it from the website but save your files locally. It has a really
fast learning curve. It has a spreadsheet functionality too. Check the
GeoGebra Help, Wiki and Forum to see how things are done.
regards
Paul