Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default hidden character in Excel

Can someone tell me what character comes along at the end of a cell of excel
data when you paste a column of data into another application? I've tried to
use the vb.net replace on the data with chr(10), also 13, 9,11,12,13,30, 31,
160, 182, 172, 129, 141, 143, 144, and 157. I haven't hit it so far. The
Excel 2003 functionality of viewing codes (tools - options - international)
seems to be gone in 2007. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know if this will help in your situation but in VBA if I am trying to
ascertain what an unprintable character code is then I run code something
like the following. Need Intermediate window open (View Intermediate window
or Ctrl/G).

Sub ChrCodes()

Dim i

For i = Len(ActiveCell.Value) To 1 Step -1
Debug.Print Asc(Mid(ActiveCell, i, 1))
Next i

End Sub

If using Find/Replace then enter the character to find using the Alt key and
Numeric key pad. Enter the character code as 4 digits with leading zeros.
Leave the Replace field blank.

I didn't check the ASCII codes you posted to see if there is a tab there but
that is possibly the character you are looking for.

OssieMac

"SaveTheMonarchButterflies" wrote:

Can someone tell me what character comes along at the end of a cell of excel
data when you paste a column of data into another application? I've tried to
use the vb.net replace on the data with chr(10), also 13, 9,11,12,13,30, 31,
160, 182, 172, 129, 141, 143, 144, and 157. I haven't hit it so far. The
Excel 2003 functionality of viewing codes (tools - options - international)
seems to be gone in 2007. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"SaveTheMonarchButterflies"<SaveTheMonarchButterfl wrote in message

Can someone tell me what character comes along at the end of a cell of
excel
data when you paste a column of data into another application? I've tried
use the vb.net replace *on the data with chr(10), also 13, 9,11,12,13,30,
31,
160, 182, 172, 129, 141, 143, 144, and 157. I haven't hit it so far. The
Excel 2003 functionality of viewing codes (tools - options -
international)
seems to be gone in 2007. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

If you copy excel data to another application (MS Word ) the each row
separated by Asc 13 and column by asc 9
There may be a combination of Asc 10 + asc 13 if any excel was
formatted wraptext=true