Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hold shift to stop Auto_Open() not working in 2007

I have several workbooks that contain Auto_Open macros. All were originally
written on a 2003 installation. Now that my primary machine has 2007 on it,
I find that I cannot prevent the Auto_Open macro from running by holding the
shift key down when opening the files. I know in 2003 if you set the macro
security level to low the shift key stops working. However, Ive tried
changing several settings in the Trust Center (such as trusting the files
location) but to no avail. I also know that if I leave the location
untrusted it will allow me to not run the macro, but if I then try to test
the Auto_Open macro (or any other macro for that matter) manually during that
session it fails because it says I disabled the macros. Moving the files
back to a 2003 installation resumes the expected hold-shift-to-stop
functionality. Is this feature no longer available in 2007 or am I just
missing something?
--
....jeff...