Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Solver in vba

Hello,

I have Excel 2007.
My Solver works OK.
My Solver would not work in VBA mode. All statements that start with Solver
are regarded as errors.
Peltier advises that Tools/Reference list Solver item should be given a
check mark.
However no such item as Solver exists on the Reference list.

Best Regards, and thanks

Gabor Sebo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

| Peltier advises that Tools/Reference list Solver item should be given a
| check mark. However no such item as Solver exists on the Reference list.

if it's not on your list, use the browsing button on this Reference list
window until you find the file located here :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\Library\SOLVER\SOLVER.XLAM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your assistance. Browse however shows nothing for: Solver.
Nothing.

Gabor

"michdenis" wrote in message

| Peltier advises that Tools/Reference list Solver item should be given a
| check mark. However no such item as Solver exists on the Reference list.

if it's not on your list, use the browsing button on this Reference list
window until you find the file located here :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
Office\Office12\Library\SOLVER\SOLVER.XLAM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just a guess.
Perhaps Solver was not installed.

In Windows(07), go to Control Panel - Programs and Features.
Microsoft Office - and select "Change"

Under Excel, make sure you have added Solver.

= = = = = =
HTH :)
Dana DeLouis

"michdenis" wrote in message

| Peltier advises that Tools/Reference list Solver item should be given a
| check mark. However no such item as Solver exists on the Reference
list.

if it's not on your list, use the browsing button on this Reference list
window until you find the file located here :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
Office\Office12\Library\SOLVER\SOLVER.XLAM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello,

Following your file reference I do have Solver on the list. The compiler
however still rejects the words: Solver.
I hope to find the reason.

Thank you very much!

Gabor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Dana,

Thank you for helping me. In Excel 2007 the Control Panel/Programs and
Features can only be used to uninstall a program, even though uninstall or
change is advertised.

Add-Ins come through Excel Options.

Thanks again

Gabor Sebo

"michdenis" wrote in message

| Peltier advises that Tools/Reference list Solver item should be given
| check mark. However no such item as Solver exists on the Reference
list.

if it's not on your list, use the browsing button on this Reference list
window until you find the file located here :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
Office\Office12\Library\SOLVER\SOLVER.XLAM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Features can only be used to uninstall a program...

Hi. I believe if you double click Microsoft Office, then it "assumes"
you want to delete. Try clicking "Change" at the top of the window.

If you don't have a solution yet...
In Control Panel, select "Programs and Features (Windows 7)

Select Microsoft Office xxx 2007.
On the top of the Window, click the "Change" button. This allows me to
"Add or Remove Features"
I have Solver Selected here.
Perhaps uninstall Solver here.
Close and Reboot the computer, then go back and Add Solver back in.

HTH :)
Dana DeLouis