Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Default Change code with code?

Hi All.....
I've got 31 Excel .xlsm files to modify the "Change Event" macro in. Is it
possible to open and perform this with code, or must I do each one by hand?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it is the same change in each sheet, it would probably be just as easy to
go into the VBE, double click on the first sheet, make the correction, then
copy that correction and double click the second sheet, delete and paste.
Repeat the process 30 times. Takes less time than writing the code to do
it.

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi All.....
I've got 31 Excel .xlsm files to modify the "Change Event" macro in. Is
it
possible to open and perform this with code, or must I do each one by
hand?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can automate the process. See www.cpearson.com/Excel/VBE.aspx for
lots of information about how to modify code and components with code.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 14:50:01 -0700, CLR
wrote:

Hi All.....
I've got 31 Excel .xlsm files to modify the "Change Event" macro in. Is it
possible to open and perform this with code, or must I do each one by hand?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Thanks Chip........will give it a shot.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

wrote:

Hi All.....
I've got 31 Excel .xlsm files to modify the "Change Event" macro in. Is it
possible to open and perform this with code, or must I do each one by hand?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've personally stolen several sections from Chip's site to use - they work
rather well (certainly better than I was doing with the effort before finding
Chip's pages <g).

P.S. Thanks Chip, for making me look so good at times!