Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Get External Data from Web

Hi

I am pulling in currency exchange rate external data from a web site... no
problems and storing the information on a worksheet.

I have a userform with txtboxes that are linked to each of the cells. When
the user form loads, the txtbox shows the currency exchange rate data
imported in from the web site...agian no problems.

I want to have a cmdbutton on the userform to update the data, i'm using:-

ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll

but my question is the actual refresh will no take place until the userform
is closed. How can i make the refresh data run whilst the userform is
showing? Is this possible. I would like to click the command button to update
the data within the worksheet and show the updated rates within each of the
linked txtboxes on the userform without having to close the form down and
re-open.

Hope you can help.

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To clarify a little further, I am using the following code to refresh data
from a cmdbutton on a userform:-

ActiveWorkbook.Connections("ConnectionCopper").Ref resh

However, the data is not refreshed until the userform is close. I would like
to code to be updated whilst the userform is loaded. Is this possible?

Cheers

"Martin Parker" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
om om is offline

Replace "Activeworkbook.Refreshall" with "Selection.QueryTable.Refresh
BackgroundQuery:=False"

This works exactly the way you wanted.

Cheers
Om :)