Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Create tables on multiple sheets from list

Hey everyone,

I have been tinkering around with excel a bit, and I am curious is I could
get the following done in a macro.

I have a sheet with some lists. Each list has different values from the
other list. Now I want to combine these lists into a table (not a pivot,
because data has to be inserted later) along with a calendar, maybe in a
template if that makes it easier, and then add new sheets with the name and
referenced table according to the lists. To give the example, starting from
A1 on Sheet 1.

List A List B List C Calendar
1 2 3 January
4 5 6 Feb

Then I want to have the following to end up in a table and be put in a new
sheet

Sheet 2 (named List A "Something")

List A January February
# Days % # Days
%
1 'manual input' 'formula here' 'manual input' 'formula
here'
4 'manual input' 'formula here' 'manual input' 'formula
here'

Sheet 3 (named List B "Something")

List B January February
# Days % # Days
%
2 'manual input' 'formula here' 'manual input' 'formula
here'
5 'manual input' 'formula here' 'manual input' 'formula
here'

And so on, untill it has processed all the lists. (There are now 4 in total,
but more can be added later). Regarding the formula, I am planning to put a
'manual input'/vlookup(###) kind of formula in there.

This is, for me, quite difficult, and I am not sure if that is even
possible. Maybe making a template of the tables are better, I have no idea.
Haha. But any help is welcome.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What you want is doable but you may want to consider keeping on ONE
sheetadding a column a,b,c and then using datafilterautofilter
List etc
1
2
3
4
5
6

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"monden2" wrote in message
Hey everyone,

I have been tinkering around with excel a bit, and I am curious is I could
get the following done in a macro.

I have a sheet with some lists. Each list has different values from the
other list. Now I want to combine these lists into a table (not a pivot,
because data has to be inserted later) along with a calendar, maybe in a
template if that makes it easier, and then add new sheets with the name
and
referenced table according to the lists. To give the example, starting
from
A1 on Sheet 1.

List A List B List C Calendar
1 2 3 January
4 5 6 Feb

Then I want to have the following to end up in a table and be put in a new
sheet

Sheet 2 (named List A "Something")

List A January
February
# Days % # Days
%
1 'manual input' 'formula here' 'manual input' 'formula
here'
4 'manual input' 'formula here' 'manual input' 'formula
here'

Sheet 3 (named List B "Something")

List B January
February
# Days % # Days
%
2 'manual input' 'formula here' 'manual input' 'formula
here'
5 'manual input' 'formula here' 'manual input' 'formula
here'

And so on, untill it has processed all the lists. (There are now 4 in
total,
but more can be added later). Regarding the formula, I am planning to put
'manual input'/vlookup(###) kind of formula in there.

This is, for me, quite difficult, and I am not sure if that is even
possible. Maybe making a template of the tables are better, I have no
idea.
Haha. But any help is welcome.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey Don,

Thanks for the tip.

However, it is not necesarly the adding of column that is the problem. The
point is that these lists need to be converted into tables as the headers and
columns of the table, and then copy/pasted on new sheets.

After that, the title of the table as well as the sheets should reflect the
value of a cell in the list (in this case the first one of the list)

And then, finally, the table should have a formula (i.e. =B3/D3) in the %
column of each month.

I was hoping that there would be a macro fo some sort, that could do this
process for me. The 'copy/past on new sheet' event is no problem, but the
'convert list to table headers' event is a dousy.

Thank for the help! :D

"Don Guillett" wrote:

What you want is doable but you may want to consider keeping on ONE
sheetadding a column a,b,c and then using datafilterautofilter
List etc
1
2
3
4
5
6

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"monden2" wrote in message
Hey everyone,

I have been tinkering around with excel a bit, and I am curious is I could
get the following done in a macro.

I have a sheet with some lists. Each list has different values from the
other list. Now I want to combine these lists into a table (not a pivot,
because data has to be inserted later) along with a calendar, maybe in a
template if that makes it easier, and then add new sheets with the name
and
referenced table according to the lists. To give the example, starting
from
A1 on Sheet 1.

List A List B List C Calendar
1 2 3 January
4 5 6 Feb

Then I want to have the following to end up in a table and be put in a new
sheet

Sheet 2 (named List A "Something")

List A January February
# Days % # Days %
1 'manual input' 'formula here' 'manual input' 'formula here'
4 'manual input' 'formula here' 'manual input' 'formula here'

Sheet 3 (named List B "Something")

List B January February
# Days % # Days %
2 'manual input' 'formula here' 'manual input' 'formula here'
5 'manual input' 'formula here' 'manual input' 'formula here'

And so on, untill it has processed all the lists. (There are now 4 in
total,
but more can be added later). Regarding the formula, I am planning to put
'manual input'/vlookup(###) kind of formula in there.

This is, for me, quite difficult, and I am not sure if that is even
possible. Maybe making a template of the tables are better, I have no
idea.
Haha. But any help is welcome.

Thanks!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Don Guillett" wrote:

What you want is doable but you may want to consider keeping on ONE
sheetadding a column a,b,c and then using datafilterautofilter
List etc
1
2
3
4
5
6

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"monden2" wrote in message
Hey everyone,

I have been tinkering around with excel a bit, and I am curious is I
could
get the following done in a macro.

I have a sheet with some lists. Each list has different values from the
other list. Now I want to combine these lists into a table (not a
pivot,
because data has to be inserted later) along with a calendar, maybe in
template if that makes it easier, and then add new sheets with the name
and
referenced table according to the lists. To give the example, starting
from
A1 on Sheet 1.

List A List B List C Calendar
1 2 3 January
4 5 6 Feb

Then I want to have the following to end up in a table and be put in a
new
sheet

Sheet 2 (named List A "Something")

List A January February
# Days % # Days
%
1 'manual input' 'formula here' 'manual input' 'formula here'
4 'manual input' 'formula here' 'manual input' 'formula here'

Sheet 3 (named List B "Something")

List B January February
# Days % # Days
%