Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default filling a form in excel

I Have 2 sheets, a database of items sheet and a form with a combo box to put
the record I get from the database. I want to pick a record from the
database, and add it to my form and have it bring the WHOLE record with it to
the form not just the combo box cell. Both sheets have the same field names
in them.

anyone have an idea on this?

Tom
--
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use the Find Method to offset an populate TextBox controls.
http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/find-method.htm

Failing that, use Excels built in Data Form.

Failing that;
http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/dataform/home/

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"Tomwireless" wrote in message
I Have 2 sheets, a database of items sheet and a form with a combo box to
put
the record I get from the database. I want to pick a record from the
database, and add it to my form and have it bring the WHOLE record with it
the form not just the combo box cell. Both sheets have the same field
names
in them.

anyone have an idea on this?

Tom
--
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think you misunderstood, Its like filling in a order form from a database.
I have the database and the form but need to find a way to bring the data
over to the form and autofill the rest of the record when the first cell is
entered.

Item Decription cost
xxxx autofill autofill
xxxx autofill autofill
--
Thank you

"ozgrid.com" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you are using a Userform from within VBA then check out the below link by
MVP Debra Dalgleish .

http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

If you have created a form within excel; then check out help on function
VLOOKUP()

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)