Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JJ JJ is offline

Default Select list box entries in multiple rows?

I have an inventory spreadsheet that consists of several columns of
information used to assess the condition of equipment. Each row represents an
identified defect in a piece of equipment. In the column 'DefectType' I want
to be able to pick from a list of standard defect types (e.g. broken, torn,
bent, etc) for each row item. I could create a ListBox in the cell under
DefectType column for each row, but that looks pretty ugly and I'd have to do
that everytime I created a new row entry for each new defect found. It would
be easier to type it, but then I might lose my consistent naming for each
defect.

Any ideas how to tab to a cell in a specific column and be able to pick from
a list of items so that one of the items will become the value for that cell?

Thanks

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JJ JJ is offline

THANKS, TIM!! THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED.

"Tim Williams" wrote:

Data Validation ?

Tim

.