Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to Update Selections for (Numerous) Validation Lists

Dear Excel Experts:

I have many validation lists which source can change frequently. How do I
automatically update the validation lists every time the sources change?

I got some lead from www.contextures.com (see below). But, it only helps
when I have one validation list. Meanwhile, I have many lists.

DV0022 - Update Validation Selections -- If you change an item in a data
validation source list, the worksheet may show previously selected items.
Event code can update the worksheet when you update the source list.
DataValUpdate.zip 10kb Updated 07-Sep-11

Thanks in advance for your help. Hope I get a response from one of you.

Cheers,

Lusiana
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know how your workbook is setup, but I have done what you ask about.
I put all my lists in one sheet separate from any other sheets. On that
sheet I placed a button. Whenever I got done with
changes/deletions/additions to any or all of the lists I would click on that
button. That button would run a macro that would name every list the proper
name. Done. Post back and provide details about your layout if this
interests you. HTH Otto