Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default LinkedCell

I have a MSForm Checkbox on a worksheet that uses a linkedcell to update a
cell on the worksheet. The sheet is protected and the cell is locked. In a
class module, when the change event is triggered for the checkbox, I
unprotect the form, and turn off enableevents. But I keep getting a cell
protected message on the linkedcell. I tried unlocking the cell in the
change event, but I still get the message and then the code finishes
succesfully.

How should I handle the lock issue? I thought about removing the linkedcell
setting and setting it in the event (it's currently set in properties of the
checkbox) but I don't have anywhere to store the cell info that I would put
in the linkedcell field.

Thanks

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'd use a linked cell on a different sheet (unlocked if that worksheet is
protected).

Then use a formula in the other sheet that returns the value to the cell.

='Hidden Sheet Name Here'!a1

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I actually found a way to do it - I don't show the caption for the checkbox
on the worksheet. So I just set the caption to be the linkedcell value and
then did a range value equation using the linkedcell value in the checkbox
caption. It updates properly now when I am in the change event for the
checkbox...

.