-   -   VBA Passwords - security (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/440544-re-vba-passwords-security.html)

Subodh

VBA Passwords - security

On Mar 12, 10:04*am, Neptune Dinosaur wrote:
G'day

I'm asking this question as a serious Excel/VBA developer rather than as a
potential mischief-maker (thought I'd better make that clear).

I know that it is possible for someone to crack an Excel Protection password
with 3rd party software, but how about the password that you use to hide the
VBA editor? *Can that be cracked?

Don't tell me how, just tell me how to avoid it if it can be avoided.

Thanks doods
--
Time is just the thing that keeps everything from happening all at once

To the extent of my notice that can't be avoided.
If you have some code that you don't want others to view then probably
VBA in excel is not the better platform for you.
You could else use other programming tools for your coding,