Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to know the correct height of the row

I have the worksheet in which all the margines are set to 0 (i.e. left, top,
bottom,right,header,footer).
Then I apply the folloing settings
FormatStyleModifyFont select Courier New, Reqular, 10.
FilePage SetupPaper size : A4 and Print quality : 600 dpi.

Now my worksheet contain 73rows/page.
Each row has 13.50 points height. so page height is 73*13.50 = 985.5 points
But the standard A4 paper size height is 842 points.

So how the excel fits the 73 rows of each height 13.5 points?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the way you are writing the code it will only work with certain
printers and not with other printers. Normally I don't worry about the
dpi settings. Instead I choose a font size and then add page breaks
after a fix number of rows. When I reformat a page I remove all the old
page breaks and read add new ones. Let the print driver determine the
margin sizes or set the martgins and make sure the number of rows per
page is less than the paper size minus the size of the margins.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

Excel Live Chat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In Page Setup on the Page tab you can set to 1 Page wide by 1 page tall or
you can adjust this to 1 page wide to 2 pages high etc.

If you set to 1 page wide and leave page high blank then it will be one page
wide by how ever many pages high is required.

OssieMac

"Smitesh Tamboli" wrote:

I have the worksheet in which all the margines are set to 0 (i.e. left, top,
bottom,right,header,footer).
Then I apply the folloing settings
FormatStyleModifyFont select Courier New, Reqular, 10.
FilePage SetupPaper size : A4 and Print quality : 600 dpi.

Now my worksheet contain 73rows/page.
Each row has 13.50 points height. so page height is 73*13.50 = 985.5 points
But the standard A4 paper size height is 842 points.

So how the excel fits the 73 rows of each height 13.5 points?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can only print 60 rows at 13.5 points on A4, which seems about right
60 x 13.5 = 810
Depending on the printer, even with zero margins, the maximum print height
is usually a bit less than full A4.
Not sure how you can print 73 rows, what do you return with this (in the
Immediate window)
?Range("1:73").Height

Is your Zoom set at 100%, fit to page maybe

Regards,
Peter T

"Smitesh Tamboli" wrote in
message ...